Lost or Expired Green Card – Boarding Foil

If your card is expired, lost, stolen, or you physically don’t have it with you, and you have been absent from the United States for less than a year, please review the relevant information regarding the procedure and required documents you should present to our office.

Once you have completed the following steps, please send an email to AthensUSConsul@state.gov to offer you an appointment to visit the Embassy for processing attaching a copy of your payment to USCIS.  Please note:  the USCIS office departed Athens, Greece in October 2019 and we perform this service on their behalf.

Processing time:  Applicant will be informed by a consular officer during the interview.  In general, boarding foils require 3-5 business days from the appointment date under normal circumstances and assuming everything is in order.

On the day of the visit, the applicant should be able to present the following:

  1. Valid Passport
  2. Two photos taken within the last 6 months.  Greek passport photos are accepted
  3. Completed form I-131a available at https://www.uscis.gov/i-131a.    You will have to fill out the I-131A with your full name as it appears on your green card
  4. Proof of payment https://my.uscis.gov/travel-document 
  5. Airline tickets, itinerary or any other evidence indicating the date of last departure from the United States, and a reservation for return travel
  6. If applicable, police report regarding the loss/theft of the green card
  7. A copy of the green card (both sides) if available

For us to book your appointment, we require proof of payment to USCIS.

NOTE: If you have been absent from the United States for more than a year, you are not eligible to file an I-131a and need to complete an SB-1 application. More information on that process is available here:  https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/returning-resident.html . For further information, please forward your email to athusiv@state.gov