If your card is expired, lost, stolen, or you physically don’t have it with you, and you have been absent from the United States for less than a year, please review the relevant information regarding the procedure and required documents you should present to our office.
Once you have completed the following steps, please send an email to AthensUSConsul@state.gov to offer you an appointment to visit the Embassy for processing attaching a copy of your payment to USCIS. Please note: the USCIS office departed Athens, Greece in October 2019 and we perform this service on their behalf.
Processing time: Applicant will be informed by a consular officer during the interview. In general, boarding foils require 3-5 business days from the appointment date under normal circumstances and assuming everything is in order.
On the day of the visit, the applicant should be able to present the following:
- Valid Passport
- Two photos taken within the last 6 months. Greek passport photos are accepted
- Completed form I-131a available at https://www.uscis.gov/i-131a. You will have to fill out the I-131A with your full name as it appears on your green card
- Proof of payment https://my.uscis.gov/travel-document
- Airline tickets, itinerary or any other evidence indicating the date of last departure from the United States, and a reservation for return travel
- If applicable, police report regarding the loss/theft of the green card
- A copy of the green card (both sides) if available
For us to book your appointment, we require proof of payment to USCIS.
NOTE: If you have been absent from the United States for more than a year, you are not eligible to file an I-131a and need to complete an SB-1 application. More information on that process is available here: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/returning-resident.html . For further information, please forward your email to firstname.lastname@example.org