NOTICE: Due to the newly implemented restrictions on travel to the United States, only applicants for A, G, or NATO visas may appear from 12-1. Walk-in processing for all other categories listed below is suspended until further notice.
The Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Athens is responsible for providing visa services to those seeking to enter the United States for a temporary period and for those wishing to take up indefinite or permanent residence in the United States.
To schedule an appointment for a visa interview, please visit the GSS Contact Us page for full information or use contact information below:
- Email: To reach a customer service representative via email, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Telephone: Please contact a customer service representative using one of these telephone numbers:
- Callers in Greece: Call +30 211 198 3241.
- Callers in the United States: Call 1 703 520 2216.
Skype: To use Skype to speak to a customer service representative during regular hours of operation, add a new contact to your Skype account with the Skype name usvisagreece.
Diplomatic and Official Visas
Any diplomats or foreign government officials traveling to the United States to engage in official duties or activities on behalf of their national government or international organization must obtain a diplomatic or official visa prior to entering the United States.
Those travelling for official purposes are not permitted to enter the United States using visitor visas or under the Visa Waiver Program (ESTA).
Apply for a diplomatic or official visa:
- Complete an Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application for each applicant:Form DS-160
- Obtain a diplomatic note or note verbale from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs containing all of the following information:
- the government official’s or employee’s name, date of birth, position and title, place of assignment or visit, purpose of travel, a brief description of his or her duties, travel date, and the anticipated length of the tour of duty or stay in the United States, and
- the names, relationships, and dates of birth of any dependents and other members of household who will be accompanying or joining the government official or employee.
- Submit the following documents to the visa section of the U.S. embassy
- DS-160 confirmation page
- Photo (Photograph Requirements)
- The diplomatic note (note verbale)
Please allow at least five business days to process your diplomatic or official visa. Inqueries may be directed to AthensConsul@state.gov
More information is available at the following links: