All visitors to the consular section must have appointments. Security personnel screen all visitors prior to entry. See prohibited items below.
Appointments for U.S. Passports and Citizen Services
Appointments for Immigrant Visa Services
Appointments for Non-Immigrant Visa Services
Please arrive at the Consular Entrance on Kokkali Street at your scheduled appointment time.
The Embassy’s airport-style screening includes the x-ray of personal belongings and passing through metal detectors.
- Luggage, large bags or backpacks
- Electronics such as cameras, recording devices, tablets and laptop computers
- Lighters or e-cigarettes
- All liquids including perfume
- Objects under pressure such as hairspray or deodorant.
- Other items as determined by security personnel.
Visitors may store cellular phones at their own risk in the security entrance. The Embassy is not responsible for any missing items.
No other items may be stored. Visitors who cannot leave prohibited items outside in their cars or with a friend will be refused entry.