Social Security

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: The Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak is negatively impacting our Operations. the Federal Benefits Unit is experiencing great delays and will not be able to respond to your inquires before 30 days. Please avoid sending multiple emails as this will cause further delays. We are doing our best to assist everyone in the most efficient manner possible and apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you.

The most efficient method of reaching FBU Athens is by using the FBU Athens email form.  If you do not know or do not have a social security number, enter 000-00-0000 on the email form.

Mission:  The Federal Benefits Unit of the U.S. Embassy in Athens assists in obtaining information from the following federal agencies:

If you do not find an answer to your federal benefit question, follow directions to Contact Us.
The unit will not provide service to applicants who visit the Consular Section for routine passport and registration of birth services if they have not contacted the Federal Benefits Unit in advance. Visit the American Citizens Services US Embassy Athens website for all other services.

Please follow the instructions on the Frequently Asked Questions page.

Visit the American Citizens Services U.S. Embassy Athens website for all other consular services.