You are required to furnish the following:
- Evidence of U.S. Citizenship– Such evidence may include but is not limited to: U.S. birth or naturalization certificate, Report of Birth Abroad or an expired U.S. passport.
- Valid, government issued photo I.D.(such as a U.S. or foreign passport, driver’s license or military I.D)
- Police report obtained from the local police authorities reporting loss or theft of U. passport
- Two U.S. passport sized (2x2inch) photographs– see photo requirements for information or check our Photos which do not meet the requirements will be rejected.
- For applicants under 16, a birth certificate must also be presented and both parents must attend the appointment with the child.If only one parent can appear, Attending parents must bring government issued photo I.D.
- Applicants aged 16-17 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. The accompanying adult must bring government issued photo I.D
- Form DS-11(click to be taken to the form). Complete the form online, then print and submit to U.S. Embassy , Athens. DO NOT mail this form to the United States and DO NOT sign it until before a Consular Officer.
- Form DS-64: Statement Regarding Lost or Stolen Passport. This form will be automatically generated when you complete Form DS-11 and declare your passport lost/stolen;
- The non-refundable application fee for a U.S. passport is $105.00 (for under 16s) or $135.00 (for over 16s). You will pay the fee in person to the Cashier at the time you appear at the Embassy.