Required Documents

You are required to furnish the following:

  • Complete Form DS-11 Passport Application Form (click to be taken to the form).  Complete the form online, then print and submit to U.S. Embassy, Athens when you visit us.  DO NOT mail this form to the United States and DO NOT sign it until before a Consular Officer. Please note that your social security number is a required field.  We cannot issue a passport without it.
  • Complete Form DS-64: Statement Regarding Lost or Stolen Passport (click to be taken to the form). This form will be automatically generated when you complete Form DS-11 and declare your passport lost/stolen.
  • Evidence of U.S. Citizenship. Such evidence may include but is not limited to: U.S. birth or naturalization certificate, Report of Birth Abroad or an expired U.S. passport.
  • Valid, government issued photo I.D. (such as a U.S. or foreign passport, driver’s license, military I.D. or Greek I.D.), if available. If you don’t have an I.D., consular staff will be able to confirm your citizenship and identity through a passport database.
  • A police report for your lost or stolen U.S. passport is not required, but we highly encourage you to obtain one because it may help while you are in Greece without a valid travel document.  Your insurance company may also request a police report if you wish to file a claim for stolen items.
  • U.S. passport sized (2x2inch) photograph– see  photo requirements for information. Photos which do not meet the requirements will be rejected. Passport photo.  A photo booth is available in our waiting area.  The cost for two photographs is 10 Euros.  Please bring the exact amount in the Euros only as the photo booth does not give change.  It may be difficult for an infant or minor child to be photographed in the booth.  We advise that your bring their required photos with you. Several shops near the Embassy offer photos services.
  • A Birth Certificate for applicants under 16, a birth certificate must also be presented and both parents must attend the appointment with the child. Attending parents must bring government issued photo I.D.
  • Applicants aged 16-17 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. The accompanying adult must bring government issued photo I.D.
  • The non-refundable application fee for a U.S. passport payable in cash or by credit card at the Embassy. To view the amount in dollars and the equivalent in Euros, please check our Consular Service Fees Table here.