*Do not come to the Embassy without an appointment as you may not be admitted.*
Due to COVID-19 health and safety measures that limit the number of people that may be in the consular waiting room, we do not accept walk ins. If you are visiting Greece and your passport is lost or stolen, email your flight itinerary to AthensAmericanPassports@state.gov. We will contact you to set up an appointment. We are generally able to issue an emergency passport the same day.
PREPARE AHEAD OF TIME
You will not be admitted past security without a completed application. Our facility is under construction, and we do not have space in the waiting room for you to fill out the application. If you do not bring your forms prepared, you will be asked to complete them outside of the Embassy or to reschedule.
- Arrive at the Kokali gate entrance 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment. We recommend you bring an umbrella if you are sensitive to the sun as shade is limited at certain times of the day.
- Bring any government-issued identification you have and passport and completed applications.
- Information on the requirements for a passport is available at: https://gr.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/passports/
- While we have a photo booth in the waiting room that takes 10 Euro notes only, we encourage you to obtain photos prior to your appointment to reduce your time at the Embassy. Several shops offer Photo Services in walking distance from the Embassy.
- Except for parents of children 17 and under, do not bring family members who do not have appointments.
- Both parents are required to appear with a child under age 16 to apply for the passport, or provide notarized consent to passport issuance. Please review the requirements for parental consent for children under age 16 or children age 16 & 17. If neither parent is traveling with the child, both parents will need to provide notarized conesnt as well as a power of attorney authorizing another adult to sign the child’s passport application on their behalf.
Some countries, such as France, will allow transit, but not allow entry with Emergency Passports. We recommend that you check the Country Specific Information if your trip includes stops in other countries on your emergency passport on https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel.html.
Directions to the Embassy: https://gr.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/passports/where-to-apply/