You are required to send us by mail the following:
- Your most recent U.S. passport. Your passport must be signed before sending it to our office.
- Form DS-82; Complete this form online using the Form Filler: https://pptform.state.gov. Print only the two pages you completed. No need to print the instruction pages. Do not forget to sign and date your application as per the example here. Do not use whiteout or any form of correction fluid on your form as this will void your application.
Note: You cannot currently list a “Country” when completing the “Emergency Contact” section on our forms. Please list an emergency contact in the United States. If no emergency contact is available in the U.S., when you print your form, complete this section by hand listing an “Emergency Contact” outside the U.S., instead.
- A Social Security Number is mandatory, complete field 5 of the form. If you have never been issued a social security number, print, complete and sign the English version of this Social Security Declaration (101KB);
- Two U.S. passport sized (2×2 inch) photographs– see photo requirements. Photos which do not meet the requirements will be rejected; Greek passport size photographs are not accepted;
- The Fee ($130) for passport renewal applications by mail must be paid via the U.S. government’s secure payment site. After successfully paying the fee, you must print out the electronic payment confirmation you receive via email and include it in the package you submit.
- If you have legally changed your name since your previous U.S. passport was issued, you will be required to furnish evidence of your name change i.e. marriage certificate, court order, divorce decree, change of name certificate, adoption decree. The original documents that you send to us by registered mail/courier service will be returned to you with your new passport by courier payable by you, upon delivery;
- For the return of the new passport, please include a self-addressed envelope with your name, local address and your mobile or home/work phone number. We will send the new passport to you by courier payable by you, upon delivery. Prepaid envelopes or envelopes with stamps from the Greek Post Office cannot be used for the return of your passport. More information under “Processing Times & Return of Passports”;
Note: If you need to change other descriptive date i.e. date of birth or add an alias name, you are required to present original documentation to support the amendment and follow the instructions to “Apply for an Adult Passport – In Person”.