You are required to send us by mail the following:
- Your most recent U.S. passport. Your passport must be signed before sending it to our office.
- Form DS-82; Complete this form online using the Form Filler: https://pptform.state.gov. Print only the two pages you completed. No need to print the instruction pages. Do not forget to sign your application. Do not use whiteout or any form of correction fluid on your form as this will void your application.
Note: You cannot currently list a “Country” when completing the “Emergency Contact” section on our forms. Please list an emergency contact in the United States. If no emergency contact is available in the U.S., when you print your form, complete this section by hand listing an “Emergency Contact” outside the U.S., instead.
- A Social Security Number is mandatory, complete field 5 of the form. If you have never been issued a social security number, print, complete and sign the English version of this Social Security Declaration (101KB);
- Two U.S. passport sized (2×2 inch) photographs– see photo requirements. Photos which do not meet the requirements will be rejected; Greek passport size photographs are not accepted;
- Fees by mail may be paid by sending a bank check in Euros only, made out to the American Embassy, obtained only from one of the following banks in Greece: National Bank of Greece; Alpha Bank; Eurobank; Bank of Piraeus; Attica Bank; HSBC; Geniki Bank. The Embassy is not authorized to accept personal checks or cash. If you are enclosing more than one application, you may send one bank check for the total amount. Please review the current fees in the next pages. The application fee for a passport renewal is non-refundable; Continue to the next pages to view the equivalent amount in Euro for your DS-82 application form.
- If you have changed your name since your previous U.S. passport was issued, you will be required to furnish evidence of your name change, such as marriage certificate or court order;
- If applicable, original documentation to support change of other descriptive data i.e. date of birth by sending us a copy of a foreign passport or a Greek I.D. and your Birth Certificate (certified copies by the issuing authority are acceptable).
- We only accept a pre- paid return envelope for registered mail or a plain self-addressed envelope for courier service which includes you name, local address and your mobile or home/work phone number