Check our Consular Service Fees Table here to view the amount in dollars and the equivalent in Euros.
Attention eligible mail in customers:
The fee for passport renewal applications by mail with form DS-82 must be sent in the form of a bank check issued in Euros only made payable to the “American Embassy Athens”, obtained from one of the following banks in Greece: National Bank of Greece; Alpha Bank; Eurobank; Bank of Piraeus; Attica Bank; HSBC; Geniki Bank.
If you are enclosing more than one application, you may send one bank check for the total amount.
- Personal checks are not accepted
- There is no expedited service outside the United States.
- The Passport fee is a non-refundable processing fee and is retained by the Department of State whether or not the passport is issued.
- US. Embassy Athens accepts cash in U.S. dollars and Euros (ONLY if you apply in person through a pre-arranged appointment), credit cards i.e. Visa, MasterCard, Diners Club and American Express or U.S. postal service money orders payable to U.S. Embassy Athens. Exact change is appreciated. We occasionally experience technical difficulties processing credit card transactions, so please be prepared to pay in cash or to withdraw funds from a nearby ATM.
- Consulate General Thessaloniki does not have cashiering services. Visitors must bring a bank check for the exact payment amount payable to “U.S. Embassy Athens”. Bank checks must be in Euros only and from one of the following banks: National Bank of Greece; Alpha Bank; Eurobank; Bank of Piraeus; Attica Bank; HSBC; Geniki Bank. If you are submitting more than one application, one bank check may include the total amount.