You will need to bring the following:
- Your child’s most recent U.S. passport; if the child has never held a U.S. passport, documentary evidence of U.S. citizenship must be provided.
- Form DS-11, which is accessed online at https://pptform.state.gov. Complete this form online. Print only the two pages you completed. No need to print the instruction pages. Do not use whiteout or any form of correction fluid on your form as this will void your application. Do not sign it. Parents are required to sign the form before a consular officer.
Note: You cannot currently list a “Country” when completing the “Emergency Contact” section on our forms. Please list an emergency contact in the United States. Alternatively, when you print your form DS-11, write your “Emergency Contact” by hand.
- A Social Security Number is mandatory, complete field 5 of the form. If your child has never been issued a social security number, print, complete and sign the English version of this Social Security Declaration (15KB) for a child under 16;
- Your child’s U.S. birth certificate or Consular Report of Birth Abroad, showing the names of the parents who will be signing their child’s passport application;
- Two U.S. passport sized (2x2inch) photograph– see photo requirements Photos which do not meet the requirements will be rejected. Greek passport sized photos will not be accepted.
- Valid Greek photo I.D. of child, if over 12 years or older.
- If your child was under 5 at the time their last passport was issued, present 1-2 photographs per year from when that passport was issued to present, to show how his/her appearance has changed (family or informal photographs are acceptable);
- Government issued photo I.D of parents (such as U.S or foreign passport, driving license, Greek I.D. (taftofita) or military I.D);
- The non-refundable application fee for a U.S passport for a child under the age of 16 is $115.00. You will pay the fee in person to the cashier at the time you appear at the Embassy. Fee information is available in the next pages;
The presence of the child is required together with both parents. If one parent is unable to attend, please follow the next steps for additional information.