Required Documents

You are required to furnish the following:

  • Your valid temporary U.S. passport. Your passport must be signed before sending it to our office.
  • Form DS-5504. Complete this form online using the Form Filler: Print only the two pages you completed. No need to print the instruction pages. Do not forget to sign and date your application as per the example here. Do not use whiteout or any form of correction fluid on your form as this will void your application. In addition, on page 1 of form DS-82 under field 9, enter all legal names previously used to include maiden name, name changes, previous married name and the name that appears on your social security card, if different.
  • Two U.S. passport sized (2×2 inch) photographs– see photo requirements. Photos which do not meet the requirements will be rejected; Greek passport size photographs are not accepted.  A photographer is not available at the U.S. Embassy.
  • Social Security Number is mandatory, if you have one. Complete field 5 of the form.
  • If you have never been issued a social security number, simply type 000-00-0000 on the passport application form. Then, print, complete and sign the English version of this Social Security Declaration (101KB) and this Social Security Declaration (15KB) for a child under 16 signed by one parent.
  • Proof of Parentage for a minor under age 16. A copy of your child’s U.S. birth certificate, Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Greek birth certificate showing the names of the parents who signed the child’s passport application AND copies of the parent/s passport/I.D.
  • If you have legally changed your name within one year since your current limited validity U.S. passport was issuedyou will be required to furnish evidence of your name change i.e.  marriage certificate, court order, divorce decree, change of name certificate, adoption decree.  The original documents that you send to us by registered mail/courier service will be returned to you with your new passport by courier payable by you, upon delivery.
  • For the return of the new passport, please include a self-addressed envelope with your name, local address and your mobile or/and home/work phone number.  Your new passport cannot be sent to you, unless you note a Greek mobile or/and home/work phone number on the self-addressed envelope.  We will send the new passport to you by courier payable by you, upon delivery.  Prepaid envelopes or envelopes with stamps from the Greek Post Office cannot be used for the return of your passport.  More information under “Processing Times & Return of Passports”.

Incomplete or incorrectly completed applications will be returned unprocessed.

Please DO NOT mail the form to the United States.