Schedule of Fees for Consular Services
Attention Mail in Customers: the fee for passport renewal applications by mail with form DS-82 is $130.00 via Pay.gov, the U.S. government’s secure payment site.
|Adult passport (DS-11) – first-time or replacement||165.00||158.00|
|Adult passport renewal (DS-82)||130.00||124.00|
|Child under 16 passport (DS-11) – first-time or replacement- application and fees||135.00||129.00|
|Consular Report of Birth||100.00||95.00|
|Child under 16 passport (DS-11) – first-time or replacement- application + passport card minor at the same time||150.00||144.00|
|Consular Report of Birth and new passport (under 16 years)||235.00||224.00|
|Consular Report of Birth and new passport (16-17 years)||265.00||253.00|
|Passport card adult||30.00||29.00|
|Passport card minor||15.00||15.00|
|Notary – Affidavit-True copy-Authentication||50.00||48.00|
|Renunciation of U.S. Citizenship||2350.00||2,233.00|
By Appointment in Person Payment
- US. Embassy Athens accepts cash in U.S. dollars and Euros (ONLY if you apply in person through a pre-arranged appointment). We accept only physical credit cards i.e. Visa, MasterCard, Diners Club and American Express, which will be charged in U.S. dollars, or U.S. postal service money orders payable to U.S. Embassy Athens. Exact change is appreciated. We occasionally experience technical difficulties processing credit card transactions, so please be prepared to pay in cash or to withdraw funds from a nearby ATM.
- Consulate General Thessaloniki does not have cashiering services. Applicants must bring a bank check for the exact payment amount payable to “U.S. Embassy Athens”. Bank checks must be in Euros only, issued within the last four (4) months from one of the following banks: National Bank of Greece; Alpha Bank; Eurobank; Bank of Piraeus; Attica Bank; HSBC; Geniki Bank. If you are submitting more than one application, one bank check may include the total amount.
By Mail application with Form DS-82 sent to US Embassy Athens
By Mail application/s with Form DS-82 sent to US Embassy Athens
The fee ($130) for passport renewal applications by mail with form DS-82 must be paid via the U.S. government’s secure payment site. After successfully paying the fee, you must print out the electronic payment confirmation you receive via email and include it in the package you submit. If you are enclosing more than one application, you must include separate receipts for each applicant.
- Personal checks/cash are not accepted.
- The Passport fee is a non-refundable processing fee.
- There is no expedited service outside the United States.
Notarization, Certification and Authentication fees
Notarization, Certification and Authentication fees will not be charged when the service is performed:
(a) At the direct request of any federal government agency, any state or local government, the District of Columbia, or any of the territories or possessions of the United States (unless significant costs would be incurred)
(b) With respect to documents to be presented by claimants, beneficiaries, or their witnesses in connection with obtaining federal, state, or municipal benefits
(c) For U.S. Citizens outside the United States preparing ballots for any public election in the United States or any of
(d) At the direct request of a foreign government or an international agency of which the United States is a member
if the documents are for official noncommercial use.
(e) At the direct request of a foreign government official when appropriate or as a reciprocal courtesy.
(f) At the request of direct-hire U.S. government personnel, Peace Corps volunteers, or their dependents stationed or traveling officially in a foreign country.
(g) With respect to documents whose production is ordered by a court of competent jurisdiction
(h) With respect to affidavits of support for immigrant visa applications
(g) With respect to endorsing U.S. Savings Bonds Certificates.