Required Documents

You will need to bring the following:

  • Your damaged U.S. passport;
  • Evidence of U.S. Citizenship.  Such evidence may include but is not limited to: U.S. birth or naturalization certificate, Report of Birth Abroad or an expired, undamaged U.S. passport;

Proof of citizenship – One or more of the following:

  • a U.S. Birth Certificate;
  • a U.S. Consular Report of Birth Abroad;
  • a U.S. Certification of Birth;
  • a U.S. Naturalization Certificate;
  • a passport of your U.S. citizen parent(s) in which you are included; or
  • your original, long-form birth certificate, if your proof of citizenship is the U.S. passport of a parent in which you are included.
  • Valid, government issued photo I.D.(such as foreign passport, driving license, Greek I.D.  or military I.D);

Proof of identity – one or more of the following:

  • a valid passport of any country;
  • a valid driver’s license with photograph;
  • a national identity card with photograph;
  • a U.S. military I.D. card
  • Two U.S. passport sized (2x2inch) photographs– see photo requirements for information.  Photos which do not meet the requirements will be rejected;  Greek passport sized photos will not be accepted;
  • For applicants under 16, a birth certificate must also be presented and both parents must attend the appointment with the child. If only one parent can appear, please follow these instructions.  Attending parents must bring valid, government issued photo I.D.;
  • Applicants aged 16-17 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.  The accompanying adult must bring government issued photo I.D;
  • The non-refundable application fee for a first passport is $105.00 (for under 16s) or $145.00 (for over 16s).  You will pay the fee in person to the Cashier at the time you appear at the Embassy.  Fee information is available hereand 

Form DS-11.    Complete the form online and print.  Do not sign it.  You are required to sign the form before a consular officer.