We advise that both parents should be present at the appointment. However, we recognize that it may not be possible in all cases.
If one parent/guardian is unable to appear at the Embassy, the non-applying parent or guardian must consent to the issuance of a passport for a minor child and must:
- Complete in English, sign and date Form DS-3053 – Statement of Consent – Issuing a Passport to a Minor Under Age 16 in the presence of a Certified U.S. Notary Public, a Greek Police Officer or a KEP office and
- Present the non-applying parent’s original ID/ Passport or submit a photocopy of the front and back side of the identification used with Form DS-3053
Alternatively, the applying parent may furnish one of the following documents:
- Child’s birth certificate listing only applying parent;
- Adoption decree (if applying parent is sole adopting parent);
- Court Order granting sole custody to the applying parent (i.e the absent parent has no access to the child. Child’s travel must not be restricted by that order;
- Judicial declaration of incompetence of non-applying parent, or death certificate of non-applying parent.