- Your most recent U.S. passport
- Application Form DS-11 which is accessed using the Passport wizard link here. Complete this form online, print it and do not sign it. You are required to sign the form before a consular officer. Print only the two pages you completed and bring them with you on the day of your appointment. No need to print the instruction pages. Incomplete applications will delay passport processing. Do not use whiteout or any form of correction fluid on your form as this will void your application. See Tips for applicants applying in Greece.
Note: You cannot currently list a “Country” when completing the “Emergency Contact” section on our forms. Please list an emergency contact in the United States. Alternatively, when you print your form DS-11, write your “Emergency Contact” by hand.
- A Social Security Number is mandatory, complete field 5 of the form. If you have never been issued a social security number, print, complete and sign the English version of this Social Security Declaration (101KB);
- Evidence of U.S. citizenship (previous U.S. passport, U.S. birth certificate, Consular Report of Birth Abroad, Certificate of Citizenship and/or Naturalization certificate)
- Government issued photo I.D. (Greek photo I.D., U.S. or Greek driver’s license, foreign passport/I.D.or military ID)
- One recent color photo: 5cm x 5cm with a white background taken within the last six months. NOTE: U.S. passport photographs are different from European passport photo requirements and many Greek photographers are not familiar with U.S. photo specifications. We strongly recommend that you print out the photo requirements and take them to the photographer. Photographs that do not meet the specified requirements will be rejected. Vending machine photographs and photographs printed on a home computer are unacceptable. A photo booth is available in our waiting area. The cost for two photographs is 10.00 Euros. Please bring the exact amount in Euros only as the photo booth does not give change. It may be difficult for an infant or a minor child to be photographed in the booth. We advise that you bring the required photos with you. Several shops near the Embassy offer photo services.
- Age progression photos If the applicant was under age 5 at the time his/her last passport was issued and is now an adult, present 1-2 photographs per year from the date the passport was issued until present, to show how his/her appearance has changed. Age progression photos are also required if many years have lapsed since your last passport was issued. Family or informal photographs are acceptable.
- If applicable, original documentation to support name change or change of other descriptive data i.e. date of birth (certified copies by the issuing authority are acceptable)
- The non-refundable application fee and relevant information is available in the next pages. You will pay the fee in person to the cashier at the time you appear at the Embassy.