USCIS Services After September 30, 2019


After Sept. 30, the USCIS Athens Field Office will no longer process Form N-400, Form N-600, or Form N-600K for overseas military personnel and qualified family members. After Sept. 30, the USCIS Frankfurt Field Office will assume responsibility for these cases.

New N-400, N-600, or N-600K Cases Filed After Athens Field Office Closure:

Please review the USCIS filing instructions on our website at and You must file these forms with the appropriate USCIS Lockbox facilities.

N-400, N-600, and N-600K Cases Currently Pending with the USCIS Athens Field Office:

If the USCIS Athens Field Office is unable to complete adjudication of pending applications before the office closes in November, it will transfer the pending cases to the USCIS Frankfurt Field Office to complete processing and issue a Form I-797C, Notice of Action, to document the transfer. Please refer to the Notice of Action for additional information or contact the Frankfurt Field Office.

USCIS has a toll-free military help line, 877-CIS-4MIL (877-247-4645), TTY (800) 877-8339, and e-mail address at exclusively for current members of the military and their families as well as veterans. Our representatives are available to answer calls Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Central), excluding federal holidays.

Members of the U.S. armed forces and their families stationed in the U.S. or overseas may access the help line using the toll-free number through their base telephone operator or using the Defense Switched Network (DSN).


Beginning Oct. 1, 2019, individuals who were previously assisted by the USCIS Athens Field Office (which includes individuals residing in Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Belarus, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Egypt, Estonia, Georgia, Greece, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Moldova, Oman, Qatar, Romania, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, and Yemen) must follow these filing instructions:


Service/Form Filing Instructions
Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative

File your petition by mail with the USCIS Lockbox facility in Chicago. You can find additional filing information on the Form I-130 web page.

USCIS may authorize the Department of State to accept a petition filed with a U.S. embassy or consulate in some limited circumstances (PDF, 61 KB).


Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant (for Widow(er) petitions only)


If you are a widow(er) of a U.S. citizen, please see the Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant, page for the most current filing instructions.

You may file your Form I-360 at the U.S. embassy or consulate that has jurisdiction over the area where you live.


Form I-131A, Application for Travel Document (Carrier Documentation)


If you are a lawful permanent resident who has lost your permanent resident card (Green Card) and/or re-entry permit and you need travel documentation to return to the U.S., you can file your Form I-131A with any U.S. embassy consular section or USCIS international field office.


Form I-407, Record of Abandonment of Lawful Permanent Resident Status


Submit your Form I-407 to the USCIS Eastern Forms Center. You can find additional filing information on the Form I-407 web page.

For U.S. Postal Service (USPS):

USCIS Eastern Forms Center
Attn: I-407 Unit
PO Box 567
Williston, VT 05495

For FedEX, UPS, DHL, or other express/registered deliveries:

USCIS Eastern Forms Center
Attn: I-407 Unit
124 Leroy Road
Williston, VT 05495

In very rare circumstances, a U.S. embassy or consulate may allow you to submit a Form I-407 in person if you need immediate proof that you have abandoned your lawful permanent resident status. The most common need for an expedited application is to apply for an A or G visa.


Form I-730, Refugee/Asylee Relative Petition


You must file your petition with the USCIS Nebraska or Texas Service Centers, depending on where the petitioner lives in the United States.

For beneficiary interviews/processing, contact the U.S. embassy consular section in the country where the beneficiary resides.


Form N-400, Application for Naturalization


If you are a member of the U.S. military stationed overseas or a designated spouse, please see the Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, page. Call 877-CIS-4MIL (877-247-4645) for the most current filing instructions.


Form N-600K, Application for Citizenship and Issuance of Certificate Under Section 322


For qualified children of active-duty service members stationed abroad, the proper form to file is the Form N-600K, Application for Citizenship and Issuance of Certificate Under Section 322.


General information about the U.S. Embassy Greece is available on the embassy website. You may also contact the Embassy by calling 30-210-721-2951 or by mailing:

U.S. Embassy Greece
91 Vasilisis Sophias Ave
10160 Athens, Greece

For information on other immigration benefits, please visit We suggest you use Ask Emma for more details about what you want to accomplish. Many times, you may be able to complete your task online.

Have a question about a pending application or petition? Send USCIS a secure message through your USCIS Online account.  Opening an account is easy.

For in-depth information about visas, please check the Visa Services section of the Department of State’s website.