American Citizens who need to obtain their criminal record from the United States should contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) atwww.fbi.gov
The following steps must be followed:
Step 1: Complete the Applicant Information Form.
- If the request is for a couple, family, etc., all persons must sign the form.
- Include your complete mailing address. Please provide your telephone number and/or e-mail address, if available.
Step 2: Obtain a set of your fingerprints.
- Download the finger print card standard fingerprint form (FD-258) (FD-258) and visit the Police Directorate of Criminal Investigations, Fingerprinting Department, at 2-6 Antigonis Street & Leoforos Athinon in Kolonos area, Athens tel. 210-5103017.
Step 3: Submit payment.
- Option 1: Obtain a money order or cashier’s check for $18 U.S. dollars made payable to the Treasury of the United States. Please be sure to sign where required.
- Option 2: Pay by credit card using the Credit Card Payment Form. Important note: Cash, personal checks, or business checks WILL NOT be accepted.
- Payment must be for the exact amount.
- If the request is for a couple, family, etc., include $18 for each person.
- If the request is for multiple copies per person, include $18 for each copy requested.
Step 4: Review the FBI Identification Record Request Checklist to ensure that you have included everything needed to process your request.
Step 5: Mail the required items listed above—signed applicant information form, fingerprint card, and payment of $18 U.S. dollars for each person or copy requested—to the following address:
FBI CJIS Division – Record Request
1000 Custer Hollow Road
Clarksburg, WV 26306
Note: Although the FBI employs the most efficient methods for processing these requests, processing times may take approximately five to six weeks depending on the volume of requests received