In order to provide better service to our clients, all appointments for Consular Reports of Birth Abroad (CRBA) and adult derivative citizenship applications (first time applicants over the age of 18) will be made only by email.
For applicants under the age of 18:
Once the eCRBA application is complete and online payment processed, you will be prompted to schedule an in-person interview at the U.S. Embassy Athens. Please disregard the notification to schedule an appointment. Instead, email AthensCRBA@state.gov 5 business days after payment to request an appointment. The subject of your email should note your child’s full name and case number. Ensure that the correct documents are uploaded as per step 1 of the eCRBA checklist, before you proceed to payment.
For first time applicants over the age of 18:
- Print the CRBA checklist (PDF 43 KB)
- Gather all required documents, including the required application forms:
- Send the following by email to AthensCRBA@state.gov:
- Completed CRBA checklist;
- All completed forms and required documents as outlined on the checklist under STEP 1, items #1-5;
- Local phone number where we can reach you.
- Once your email is received, our staff will check the information entered in Section A of form DS-2029 (pages 1 & 2) for completeness and correctness
- If Section A of form DS-2029 (pages 1 & 2) are in order, we will contact you via email to schedule an appointment, and if needed, will share a list of items you are missing. If Section A of form DS-2029 is not in order, we will not schedule an appointment. On the day of your appointment, parents and child must be present. You must bring original documents to your appointment for the consular officer’s review. If one parent is unable to attend, please follow item #7 of the CRBA checklist (PDF 43 KB) for additional information
Please be advised that applicants who fail to show up for their scheduled appointments will need to restart the appointment request process.