Reconsider travel to Greece due to COVID-19.
Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Travel Health Notice for Greece due to COVID-19.
Greece has resumed most transportation options, (including airport operations and re-opening of some land-border crossing) and business operations (including day cares and schools). Other improved conditions have been reported within Greece. Visit the Embassy’s COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 in Greece.
Read the country information page.
If you decide to travel to Greece:
- See the U.S. Embassy’s web page regarding COVID-19.
- Visit the CDC’s webpage on Travel and COVID-19.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Report for Greece.
- U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
Last Update: Reissued with updates to COVID-19 information.
U.S. Consulate General Thessaloniki
State Department – Consular Affairs
(888) 407-4747 or (202) 501-4444