In Greece, Secretary Pompeo met with Prime Minister Mitsotakis and Foreign Minister Dendias to renew our shared commitment to advance security, peace, and prosperity in the Eastern Mediterranean and celebrate the strongest U.S.-Greek relationship in decades. In Thessaloniki, the Secretary signed a bilateral science and technology agreement, and hosted energy sector business leaders for a discussion to highlight energy diversification and infrastructure projects in Greece. In Crete, the Secretary visited Naval Support Activity Souda Bay to underscore the strong U.S. security partnership with NATO Ally Greece.
- Briefing with Senior State Department Officials Briefing to Travelling Press, Crete, September 29, 2020
- Secretary Michael R. Pompeo with Christina Kratsi of ALPHA TV, Crete, September 29, 2020
- Secretary Michael R. Pompeo and Greek Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis Joint Press Statement After their Meeting, September 29, 2020
- Secretary Michael R. Pompeo with Sofia Papadopoulou of Athens News Agency, September 28, Thessaloniki
- Joint Statement Regarding the High-Level Review of the U.S. – Greece Strategic Dialogue, Thessaloniki, September 28, 2020
- U.S. Greece Science and Technology Agreement Fact Sheet, Thessaloniki, September 28, 2020
- Secretary Pompeo Travels to Greece to Advance Security, Peace, and Prosperity September 27, 2020