Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Athens, Greece, March 31, 2020
Event: Daily message to U.S. citizens in Greece regarding COVID-19: Departure flights
U.S. citizens intending to return to the United States should do so immediately. Aegean, Air France, Qatar, and Swiss Air operate flights departing from Athens that connect through cities with flights to the United States. Flights should be booked directly with the airlines. All U.S. citizens should have a travel plan that does not rely on the U.S. government for assistance. Travelers should be prepared for the possibility that air carriers may further reduce or eliminate currently available commercial flight options with no advance notice or be prepared to sustain themselves financially overseas for an indefinite period.
Visit our website for the latest information about COVID-19 and details regarding possible connections to the United States.
Did someone forward you this email? Enroll yourself in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive health and security updates and to ensure the State Department can locate you in an emergency. Want to unsubscribe? Click here.
- U.S. Embassy Athens: +(30) 210-721-2951; AthensAmericanCitizenServices@state.gov; https://gr.usembassy.gov
- U.S. Consulate General Thessaloniki: +(30) 2310-376-300
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Greece Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates