Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Athens, Greece
The U.S. Embassy in Athens will be sending a daily update to ensure that all U.S. citizens in Greece have the latest information on COVID-19 and local conditions in Greece.
Greece has confirmed cases of COVID-19 throughout the country. U.S. citizens who live in the United States should arrange for immediate return home or be prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period. All U.S. Citizens in Greece must follow instructions for movement outside your residence.
Watch Ambassador Pyatt’s message to U.S. citizens in Greece here: https://www.facebook.com/USEmbassyAthens
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- Dial 1135 if you have severe symptoms such as difficulty breathing. Do not go directly to an emergency department, doctor’s office or clinic.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for updates on conditions in Greece.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Have a plan to depart Greece that does not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s websiteon the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- U.S. Embassy Athens
- +(30) 210-721-2951
- U.S. Consulate General Thessaloniki
- +(30) 2310-376-300
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Greece Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security update
- Follow us on Facebookand Twitter