Event: On March 19, the Department of State issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19 advising all U.S. citizens to avoid all international travel due to the impact of COVID-19.
U.S. citizens who are considering returning to the United States are urged to work with their airlines to make travel arrangements while flights are still available. Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice.
Many travelers worldwide have reported unexpected flight cancellations and limited flight availability. If your travel has been disrupted, please contact your airline.
Actions to Take:
- Have evacuation plans that do not rely on the U.S. government for assistance.
- Monitor our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for updates on conditions in Greece.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Athens
- +(30) 210-721-2951
- U.S. Consulate General Thessaloniki
- +(30) 2310-376-300
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Greece Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security update
- Follow us on Facebookand Twitter