June 28, 2023
Embassy Athens General Services Office (GSO) will dispose of U.S. Government Property using an online auction open to the public starting on Thursday, June 29, 2023, at 10:00 AM through Sunday, July 9, 2023, 10:00 PM. Items include used furniture, appliances, gardening equipment, etc. Customers/bidders will be able to view the auction site from June 27, 2023, at 10:00 PM. Embassy employees and family members are eligible to bid.
All necessary information about the auction is available at https://online-auction.state.gov/en-US. You may view auction items at this link without registering by clicking on the Athens, GR link. You must register at https://online-auction.state.gov/sr-Latn-RS/Account/Register to place bids.
Please note the following:
- Payment by bank money transfer to the embassy bank account at the Piraeus Bank only. No payments will be accepted at the cashier window.
- You must present the original receipt of bank money transfer with all required details to include lot numbers, Unique Identification Number and Euro amount or a printed version of the Internet banking money transfer with all the previews information to retrieve your items.
- All items are sold on an “AS IS”, “WHERE IS” and on a “NON RETURNABLE” basis.
- Any and all duties, taxes, transfer fees or other charges of an official nature that may be levied by the Government of Greece are the sole responsibility of the buyer and will not be deducted or credited to the sale price by the U.S. Embassy.
- Actual pickup location will be at the Aspropyrgos Warehouse Building for nine (9) days July 11, 2023, to July 21, 2023, and from 09:00 AM to 14:00 PM. (directions will be provided to winning bidders)
- Warehouse personnel are unable to load the items onto your vehicle.
- All bidders must provide personal transportation for their purchases.
For further questions concerning this Management Notice, please contact the GSO Property Office at ext. 4764 or by email: AthensPropertyRequest@state.gov.