Demonstration Alert – U.S. Embassy Athens (April 17, 2018)
- Announced gathering point is Syntagma Square followed by a march to U.S Embassy Athens
- Announced gathering points are Arch of Galerius (Kamara) and the Venizelos statue (78 Egnatia St.) followed by separate marches to U.S. Consulate General Thessaloniki.
- Athens – A demonstration is expected to take place today, April 17, starting at 7:00 p.m., concluding at 9:00 p.m. Greek communist and anti-war organizations intend to protest U.S. coalition action in Syria. U.S. government personnel have been advised to depart the U.S. Embassy by 6:15 p.m.
- Thessaloniki – Two demonstrations are expected to take place today, April 17, starting at 7:00 p.m. Greek leftists groups intend to protest U.S. coalition action in Syria.S. government personnel have been advised to depart the U.S. Consulate General by 5:30 p.m.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area of the demonstration.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- U.S. Embassy Athens
+(30) 210-720-2490 (after hours)
- S. Consulate General, Thessaloniki
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444