Demonstration Alert – U. S. Embassy Athens, Greece (February 27, 2018)
Location: March from Athens’ Syntagma Square up Vasilissis Sofias Avenue to the U.S. Embassy Athens.
Event: PAME (Greek Trade Union Front) and the Communist Party (KKE) have announced plans to protest U.S. government policies starting at 18:30, Tuesday, February 27. Reports indicate the participants will gather in front of the embassy before dispersing.
U.S. government personnel have been instructed to depart the Embassy by 6 p.m. and remain outside the area until the protest ends.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area of the demonstration.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- U.S. Embassy Athens
+(30) 210-720-2490 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Greece Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates