In order to provide better service to our clients, as of October 1, 2019, all appointments for Consular Reports of Birth Abroad (CRBA) and adult derivative citizenship applications (first time applicants over the age of 18) will be made only through a mail-in appointment system.
To request an appointment:
- Print the CRBA checklist
- Gather all required documents, including the required application forms
- Send the following to the U.S. Embassy address provided below:
- Completed CRBA checklist;
- Photocopy of all completed forms and required documents as outlined on the checklist (#1-10);
- E-mail address;
- Local phone number where we can reach you.
Do NOT send originals of your documents. To ensure the safety and speediness of your application we recommend that you use a courier service so that you can track your package. Drop-off requests will not be accepted.
U.S. Embassy Athens
Citizenship Section (ACS/CRBA)
91 Vasilisis Sophias Avenue
10160 Athens, Greece
- Once your packet is received in the consular section, our staff will contact you via email to schedule an appointment, and if needed, will share a list of items you are missing.
Please be advised that applicants who fail to show up for their scheduled appointments will need to restart the appointment request process.