The CoMuseum International Conference is organising a series of digital conversations entitled Leadership in Challenging Times with local and international experts from museums and other cultural organisations. The digital conversations will take place in September and October 2020, and will be convened by the CoMuseum main partners: the Benaki Museum, the British Council and the Public Affairs Office of the U.S. Embassy.
Managing Museums | 29 October 2020, 17.00–18.00 (Greek time)
Curated and hosted by Dr George Manginis, Academic Director of the Benaki Museum
- Ellen Bierwisch, Head of Exhibitions Management, Kunstpalast Düsseldorf, Deputy Speaker of the Exhibition Management Workgroup, German Museum Association
- Agnieszka Tarasiuk, Chief Curator, Xawery Dunikowski Museum of Sculpture at the Królikarnia Palace, Division of The National Museum in Warsaw
- Syrago Tsiara, Deputy Director MOMus-Museum of Contemporary Art, Director of the Thessaloniki Biennale
The discussion will focus on how museums have dealt with – and continue to deal with – the pandemic, what museum leaders have learnt from the current crisis, and what they anticipate the future will hold for museums and cultural organisations.
Managing Cultural and Educational Programmes and Partnerships | 6 November 2020, 16.00–17.00 (Greek time)
Curated and hosted by Cynthia Harvey, Counselor for Public Affairs at the U.S. Embassy in Greece
- Jenifer Neils, Director, American School of Classical Studies in Athens
- Gabriella Triantafyllis, Director of Programming and Production, Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Centre
- Liz Tunick, Head of International Partnerships, Smithsonian Institute
The discussion will focus on how cultural and educational institutions have managed the Covid-19 pandemic and its impact on their programming, including international exchanges and co-operation.
Managing Cultural Institutions | 17 September 2020, 17.00 (Greek time)
Watch Managing Cultural Institutions the first talk in our Leadership in Challenging Timesseries, curated and hosted by Anastasia Andritsou, Director British Council in Greece. Further information: firstname.lastname@example.org